On the third Thursday of every month, the Minneapolis Institute of Art keeps its doors open late for a totally free party with music, activities, and access to special exhibitions. On April 20, the theme is Nerd Thursday, and we’ll be there to help keep things nerdy!
- Test your luck and your knowledge with Nerd Thursday bingo and trivia by Twin Cities Geek (that’s us!)
- Do some Crimson Peak yoga with YogaQuest in honor of the Guillermo del Toro exhibit
- Enjoy some improv in the form of PowerPoint Karaoke
- Appreciate monsters with Reverend Matt’s Monster Science
- Catch one of the Nerdery’s “Nerd Therapy” panel discussions
- Test out some of the museum’s tech projects
- Play some board games with your fellow nerds
- Strike a pose in the Mia photo booth (featuring the geeky speech bubbles we bring to all our events)
- Dance to live music by Lazy Scorsese
- See Guillermo del Toro: At Home with Monsters for FREE!
PSA: There’s a good chance the exhibition will fill up, so you might not get in unless you join My Mia—which you can also do for free—and reserve your tickets ahead of time. Nerd Thursday is 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on April 20. Click here for more information about this event.
We hope to see you there!