Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    T. A. Wardrope T. A. Wardrope
    Registered On: Nov 12, 2014
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 1

There’s two foreign genre shows kicking up a lot of internet buzz these last months. Black Mirror http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mirror_[TV_series] is a dark near future anthology show that despite comparisons to Twilight Zone is much closer to Outer Limits in tone and style. Darknet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darknet_(series) has much more of a horror focus but still uses technology as a launching point.

Can we expect inevitable remakes? Can we hope for an anthology revival? What other new anthology programs are popping up as television or web series?

www.toddwardrope.com

Jonathan Kiehne Jonathan Kiehne
    Registered On: Nov 12, 2014
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Black Mirror is in my Netflix que and I am excited to dig into it after hearing its comparisons to
    Outer Limits. I do hope these mark the return of the anthology series. It would be a nice palette cleanser since the rise of the mega-arc dramas like Game of Thrones, House of Cards and Breaking Bad. Anthology shows always had the most power to surprise and instruct by virtue of their done-in-one format. I would love that sort of unpredictability back. As far as remakes go I am not a huge fan. I am all for American produced anthologies but just copypasta-ing other scripts and setting it in New York would be a missed opportunity.

Jeff King Jeff King
    Registered On: Dec 12, 2014
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I just recently powered watched both, back-to-back.

Of the two, I was surprised how much I ended up liking Darknet, especially when towards the end. I’m hoping we get a second season there.

I don’t want to see Americanized versions of these shows though. I will be interested to see what comes of Robert Downey, Jr. securing the film rights to one of the Black Mirror episodes though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.