Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    Hal Bichel Hal Bichel 
    Keymaster
    Registered On: Oct 17, 2014
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 2

Would you like a chance to win one of seven tickets to Gamer’s Rhapsody 2015 video game convention and concert series?

Simply reply to this forum thread with the name of your favorite childhood video game before 11:59pm on Sunday, November 8th 2015 to enter for your chance to win!

Winners will be selected at random and will be sent their free Gamer’s Rhapsody ticket code via the email address on their Twin Cities Geek account.

Not a member yet? Click Here to register for the Twin Cities Geek forums.

Awesome signature is awesome.

Mackna
    Registered On: Nov 3, 2015
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I loved Mario paint for the snes!

screengurl2007
    Registered On: Jun 18, 2015
    Replies: 3

Legend of Zelda is more than just my favorite video game. I’m dedicating my wedding theme to it. I will be princess zelda and my groom will be the hero Link. My childhood was spent playing n64 ocarina of time and gameboy adventures of link. My adult life is spent cosplaying from the game.

Mariah Kaercher Mariah Kaercher
    Registered On: Jun 16, 2015

Dig Dug! My dad introduced me to Dig Dug when I was in middle school and I was really addicted! From there I got my Xbox 360 and I was introduced to Bioshock when I was 13. 13 is still a child right?

LQOTW
    Registered On: Nov 4, 2015

I am a Geek from the earliest days of video gaming – it constantly amazes me that, chronologically, I am older than most geeks out there, but I’m still a kid at heart! I was never a big fan of shoot-em-up games like ‘Asteroid’, but played a lot of Pac Man. I was in high school when Akalabeth was introduced (invented by another high schooler). I played it a bit, but my ultimate favorite game is Skyrim (and all the Elder Scroll series). Joystick indeed.

Jendiah
    Registered On: Nov 4, 2015

Final Fantasy. As in the FIRST one.

iisuto227
    Registered On: Nov 6, 2015

My first experience with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64 was something magical, and I fell in love instantly with the music, the visuals, and the world it created. I still listen to the soundtrack and variations thereof while I’m working or writing!

I feel compelled to add that as a young teen, I also stumbled upon Jak & Daxter for PS2 and solidly enjoyed it. Then I tried out Jak 2, and it blew my teenage mind. That series remains another strong favorite, because it’s a game that has fun with itself and with the player, and it really built a rich world for us to explore.

Cel
    Registered On: Nov 7, 2015

I think my favorite game as a child was Legend of the Dragoon. Played and loved all the Final Fantasies, but there’s something about Legend that still makes me pick it back up every once in a while and smile in nostalgia. The original Spyro holds a place near and dear to my heart as well. Gotta love those 1st generation Playstation titles:)

Lowki
    Registered On: Nov 7, 2015

I had different favorites at different ages, but the one that I remember most and come back to is Earthbound for the SNES. I loved how it mirrored the traditional RPG, but had so much fun with the characters and storyline.

candreasen
    Registered On: Nov 8, 2015

Definitely DOOM, any time we went to my uncle’s (who is a programmer and always had like 4-5 PCs) house I’d get my siblings and extended family in on a big deathmatch. Good times ๐Ÿ˜€

grilledsneakers
    Registered On: Nov 9, 2015

My favorite childhood game is a tie between Pokemon Snap and Chip’s Challenge!

Hal Bichel Hal Bichel 
    Keymaster
    Registered On: Oct 17, 2014
    Topics: 6

All 7 winners have been notified by email. Thanks for playing and stay tuned to Twin Cities Geek for future sweepstakes ๐Ÿ™‚

Awesome signature is awesome.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.