Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
     Mr_Kerbibble
    Registered On: Sep 9, 2015
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello everyone! First time poster here regarding the new film that came out via Netflix streaming on Friday, October 16, 2015:

The Beast of No Nation.

Image belongs to Netflix

The Beasts of No Nation is the most recent addition to the Netflix heavy hitters that might give Hollywood’s monopolization of Theaters a run for their money.

Based on the book of the same name, Beasts of No Nation follows the story of a young West African boy named Agu and his progression as a child soldier amidst a power struggle in his country. Overall, it’s a really great flick, directed by Cary Fukunaga (director of True Detective). Fukunaga has a wonderful eye for cinematography as well as great direction for the actors and pacing. As this is a film about child soldiers, it is not really for people of the faint of heart. Atrocities of war abound in this film, but it also doesn’t over-glorify the violence. Some shots help to simply imply the violence without really showing it, however it will not pull any punches for certain scenes or topics. The acting in this movie is superb from Abraham Attah (Agu) and of course, Idris Elba (The Commandant). One gripe I had was a little bit of the inconsistency of the narration of Agu, but that’s minuscule in comparison with the visual storytelling that dominated. This is very much a film pieced together by visuals and comparisons of past and future beats of the film.

If you don’t have Netflix, which I’m not really sure why you wouldn’t, there are some select runnings of the movie throughout the country.

If you have seen the movie, I’m curious to hear some of your opinions!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  Mr_Kerbibble.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  Mr_Kerbibble.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.