Aaron Coker is an editor and a co-host of the Just Enough Trope podcast, a Twin Cities–based show that brings its listeners all the news that’s fit to cast in the world of nerdy entertainment. When he’s not doing that, he enjoys pretending to be a man named Solid Snake and laughing at Frank Miller comics, and has the unambitious goal of listening to the podcasts . . . ALL THE PODCASTS . . . on his Zune. Yep.
Aaron’s skills include speaking truth to superpower, the ability to discover his “new favorite show” (which will inevitably become a horrible travesty of human entertainment ten episodes in), and maintaining an uneasy truce with the Oxford comma.
A lifelong resident of the Twin Cities and a fan of all things geeky, from anime to Zork, Aaron’s favorite film is the documentary Ghostbusters (with the erotic thriller Hudson Hawk a close second) and his favorite superheroes are Daredevil and whoever’s fighting Squirrel Girl. He wrote a song about horses when he was five that won a state songwriting competition. He is a serious, somber, almost funereal individual who should be avoided at all costs.
Posts by Aaron
- The Greatest Generation Shows There’s No Shame in Loving Star Trek . . . or a Star Trek Podcast Sep 4, 2017
- Everything You Need to Know about the Gallows Being Removed from the Sculpture Garden May 30, 2017
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Isn’t Perfect, But It’s a Pretty Great Sequel May 11, 2017
- Life Is the Latest in a Long Line of Bug Hunts Apr 5, 2017
- 50 Years on the Final Frontier: Seeing Star Trek through the Eyes of Minnesota Geeks Sep 8, 2016
- Mixed Signals: Answering the Call of Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters Jul 22, 2016
- From the Stands: The Source and Uncle Sven’s Aren’t Going Anywhere Mar 11, 2016
- Chill Out at Minnesota’s Newest Comic Con: Blizzard World Mar 2, 2016
- From the Stands: Captain Jack’s Comics is Waiting for You Feb 26, 2016
- Cis Boom Blah: Going for the Joke in Deadpool Feb 22, 2016
- From the Stands: DreamHaven Books Is Still Standing Feb 20, 2016
- From the Stands: High-Class Comics Is Just Getting Started Feb 12, 2016
- A House Divided Against Itself: A Review of Lego Marvel’s Avengers Feb 5, 2016
- From the Stands: Mind’s Eye Comics Has What You Need Feb 5, 2016
- From the Stands: Comic Book College Welcomes Readers, One and All Jan 29, 2016
- Forget It, Peg—It’s Tinseltown: Agent Carter’s Season 2 Premiere Jan 27, 2016
- #PodGoals: The Worst Idea of All Time Jan 19, 2016