Brian Glur is an architectural designer and maker who goes by the name Power Up Props. He lives in the Twin Cities with his fiancée, Katie, and Shiba Inu, Zuko, spending his free time practicing the art of cosplay, prop making, and 3D printing. He graduated from North Dakota State University in 2015 with a master of architecture degree and currently works for a local firm doing commercial and K–12 education design.
Getting his start in prop making in 2010 and 3D printing in 2011, Brian has logged thousands of hours of print time and gotten experience with many forms of 3D printing and various methods of handcrafting. Fluent in Autodesk Fusion 360 and fueled by a “can-do” attitude, he aims to learn new skills with each project.
Articles by Brian
- How to Get a Smooth Finish on Your 3D-Printed Parts Apr 8, 2019
- Minnesota Conventions for Cosplay in 2019 Jan 3, 2019
- Want to Try 3D Modeling? This Beginner-Friendly Software Will Get You Started for Free Jul 16, 2018
- Minnesota Conventions for Cosplay in 2018 Jan 1, 2018
- 6 Essential Tools Every Cosplay Crafter Should Own Dec 12, 2017
- Cosplay Cost Saving Nov 6, 2017
- A Minnesota Maker’s Introductory Guide to 3D Printing Oct 6, 2017