Brian Glur is an architectural designer and maker and one-third of Power Up Props. He lives in the Twin Cities with his fiancée, Katie, and Shiba Inu, Zuko, spending his free time practicing the art of cosplay, prop making, and 3D printing. He graduated from North Dakota State University in 2015 with a master of architecture degree and currently works for a local firm doing multifamily housing and K–12 education design.
Getting his start in prop making in 2010 and 3D printing in 2011, he has logged thousands of hours of print time and gotten experience with many forms of 3D printing and printers. Fluent in SketchUp, Revit, and Fusion 360, he formed Power Up Props in 2016 with his friends Aaron Ree and Nick Larson. They achieve their shared goal of creating accurate replicas of weapons and items from fictional worlds by combining their skills and passions for video gaming, making, and cosplay. So say we all.
Articles by Brian
- Want to Try 3D Modeling? This Beginner-Friendly Software Will Get You Started for Free Jul 16, 2018
- Minnesota Conventions for Cosplay in 2018 Jan 1, 2018
- 6 Essential Tools Every Cosplay Crafter Should Own Dec 12, 2017
- Cosplay Cost Saving Nov 6, 2017
- A Minnesota Maker’s Introductory Guide to 3D Printing Oct 6, 2017