Born and raised in Wisconsin, Caissa Casarez has been a geek for most of her life. She first held a Nintendo controller at age two and grew up reading comics. She even got one of her drawings in a Simpsons/Futurama crossover when she was in middle school. Around the same time, Caissa found a new world online.
Later on, she turned a love of local news (yes, really) into a career after college. She drank a lot of coffee and met a lot of people, but her biggest connection was made online: Caissa met a Minnesota girl on a Twitter hashtag for people who work overnights in news, which doesn’t surprise anyone who knows them. They quickly fell for each other’s kindness and geekiness.
Caissa now lives with her partner in St. Paul and works on the production side of things at Twin Cities PBS. Her nephews back home think she works with Big Bird and Daniel Tiger, and although that’s not quite true, she does walk past their pictures every day. When she’s not making TV for viewers like you, she’s usually reading, writing, or gaming.
Posts by Caissa
- The Super Bowl Survival Guide for Minnesota Theater Fans Jan 25, 2018
- Dance and Theater Combine for A Rap on Race, Revamped Jan 15, 2018
- Disney’s Coco Is a Victory for Mexicans Everywhere Nov 21, 2017
- Why the Minnesota Lynx Are More Than Just a Winning Team Oct 11, 2017
- 12 Chances to Get Your Theater On in the Next 12 Weeks Oct 2, 2017
- A Con Newbie Goes to a New Con Aug 28, 2017