Born and raised in Wisconsin, Caissa Casarez has been a geek for most of their life. They first held a Nintendo controller at age two and grew up reading comics. They even got one of their drawings in a Simpsons/Futurama crossover when they were in middle school. Around the same time, Caissa found a new world online.
Later on, they turned a love of local news (yes, really) into a career after college. They drank a lot of coffee and met a lot of people, but their biggest connection was made online: Caissa met a Minnesota girl on a Twitter hashtag for people who work overnights in news, which doesn’t surprise anyone who knows either of the two. They quickly fell for each other’s kindness and geekiness.
Caissa now lives with their partner in St. Paul and works on the production side of things at Twin Cities PBS. Their nephews back home think they work with Big Bird and Daniel Tiger, and although that’s not quite true, they do walk past those characters’ pictures every day. When they’re not making TV for viewers like you, Caissa is usually reading, writing, or gaming.
Articles by Caissa
- Travel on a Journey of Queer Self-Love with Luisa: Now and Then Sep 7, 2018
- Local Writers Show A Good Time for the Truth about Race Is Right Now Jun 14, 2018
- 12 Local Ways to Honor Prince in This Thing Called Life Apr 11, 2018
- The Super Bowl Survival Guide for Minnesota Theater Fans Jan 25, 2018
- Dance and Theater Combine for A Rap on Race, Revamped Jan 15, 2018
- Disney’s Coco Is a Victory for Mexicans Everywhere Nov 21, 2017
- Why the Minnesota Lynx Are More Than Just a Winning Team Oct 11, 2017
- 12 Chances to Get Your Theater On in the Next 12 Weeks Oct 2, 2017
- A Con Newbie Goes to a New Con Aug 28, 2017