Hannah Testa is a Minnesota native who has been writing and telling stories since she was in preschool. She wrote and illustrated her first book at age five, titled I Love My Family. Her favorite things to do were play dress-up and perform for her parents, and she would often be seen with a book in her hands. As she got older, she would spend hours on the computer, creating fanfiction for her favorite movies and making playlists to accompany them.
In 2015, Hannah graduated with a BA in English from the University of St. Thomas. Since then, she’s written several articles for her local paper and served in the Reading Corps, helping students grow in their love of reading. She’s currently working on her first YA novel, choosing to focus on pure OCD. She hopes she can reach out to others through her writing and advocate for this often misunderstood mental illness.
In her free time, you can usually see Hannah geeking out over the Lunar Chronicles, encouraging others to read Jodi Picoult’s fairy tale Between the Lines, or curled up on a couch with her nose stuck in a book. She can be spotted on the weekends terrorizing the city of Shoreview with her loud singing of showtunes while wearing her Wonder Woman tiara.
Articles by Hannah
- Dark of the West Is a Slow-Burn Fantasy Inspired by World War I Feb 3, 2019
- Pretty in Punxsutawney Is a Fitting Tribute to John Hughes Films in Book Form Jan 9, 2019
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely Is a New Take on a Tale as Old as Time Dec 24, 2018
- Snowmance Is a Holiday Love Story That’s Big on Minnesota Stereotypes Dec 13, 2018
- Bookishly Ever After Is the Fluffy Romance We All Need Right Now Nov 24, 2018
- Marissa Meyer’s Archenemies Favors Romance and Secrets Over Action Nov 6, 2018
- 5 Questions for Marissa Meyer to Answer in Archenemies Oct 20, 2018