Jackie Bussjaeger is a member of Star Trek’s literal next generation: in her childhood household, Roddenberry’s shows were a family affair!
She graduated from Hamline University with a BA in English and communication studies and now works as a staff writer at a community newspaper in the Twin Cities northeast metro. She has written for several other Minnesota publications in past, including White Bear Lake Magazine, St. Louis Park Magazine, and Minnesota Monthly. She also writes and edits for travel group Global Treks and Adventures, which allows her to travel to some of the most amazing places on the planet. No power in the ’verse can stop her from taking pictures of birds, and in conversation she considers nothing more satisfying than an aptly used reference to a TV show.
Posts by Jackie
- Going Back through the Wormhole with 25 Years of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Feb 6, 2018
- Pixar’s Chris Bernardi Shares How Art Imitates Life (and Death) in Coco Nov 28, 2017
- Hip Hop Nutcracker Ignites Tchaikovsky’s Ballet with Modern Vigor Nov 18, 2017
- The Marriage of Figaro Is a Modern Story of Class Struggle, Dressed in Wigs Nov 11, 2017
- White Birch, Red Hawthorn Recognizes the Roots of Oppression Nov 8, 2017
- Geek Date Night Takes Its Trivia and Fun to New Twin Cities Venues Sep 26, 2017
- Northern Spark 2017 Tackles Climate Chaos with All-Night Art Jun 7, 2017
- The Minnesota Crossword Tournament Spells Out a Good Time for Puzzle Solvers May 27, 2017
- The MN Guide to Independent Bookstore Day 2017 Apr 27, 2017
- Art in Bloom Brings the Spring at the Minneapolis Institute of Art Apr 26, 2017
- Pocket-Sized Poems at Twin Cities Bookstores Explore the Theme of Migration Apr 15, 2017
- Fire Up the TARDIS for a Trip to Nerdville Mar 22, 2017