Joe Praska discovered his first real passion for the geek arts, if you will, at an early age watching Star Trek marathons on TV with his dad. From there, a particular gateway was opened into a world that fostered a love of science fiction, fantasy, superheroes, comic books, gaming, and, as he grew older, real world science and technology.
Joe ultimately grew up to be an educator, teaching elementary students in Minneapolis, and found himself married to a scientist. He continues his passion for all things nerdy with a childlike excitement for science and education, an intense desire to collect all of the Marvel films and shows on Blu-ray, growing shelves of comic books, and an ongoing love for Star Trek that led to the creation of his (mostly) Trek-focused blog, The Continuing Voyage.
Joe also enjoys biking, yoga, and exploring small, independent bookstores. He lives in Minneapolis with his wife their cat, Petra.
Articles by Joe
- Astronomers around the Globe Assemble to Capture the First Image of a Black Hole Apr 11, 2019
- What Do an ’80s Video Game and a Prehistoric Shark Have in Common? Apr 5, 2019
- Shane Mauss Brings His Unique Blend of Science and Comedy to Minneapolis Jan 30, 2019
- New Science Standards for Minnesota Schools Would Teach Humans’ Role in Climate Change Jan 28, 2019
- Past Meets Future as Drone Technology Helps Maintain Minneapolis’s Historic Stone Arch Bridge Dec 22, 2018
- Minnesota’s Starkey Combines AI and 3D Sensors to Take On Hearing Loss and More Oct 3, 2018
- Scientists Gather in Minnesota to Foster Understanding of Genome Engineering Technology Jul 19, 2018
- One Woman’s Journey from Refugee Camp to Minnesota Medical School Jul 3, 2018
- University of Minnesota Researchers Discover a New Magnetic Element Jun 17, 2018
- In Gamifying the Language of Chemistry, CompoundIt! Is a Minnesota-Born Winner Apr 18, 2018
- The Science of Star Trek: Discovery’s Mycelial Network Apr 11, 2018
- The Minneapolis Institute of Art Gets the Puzzle-Room Treatment with a New App Apr 9, 2018
- Oumuamua, a Messenger from Afar, Pays a Visit to Our Cosmic Backyard Dec 20, 2017
- At a Crossroads between Art and Science, GLITCH Finds a Place to Thrive Dec 3, 2017
- Minnesota-Born Travis Milloy Brings Thoughtful Sci Fi to the Screen Sep 15, 2017
- Minnesota Researchers Use Lasers and Gold Nanotechnology to Advance Cryopreservation Aug 22, 2017
- When, Where, and How to See the 2017 Total Eclipse in Minnesota Aug 11, 2017
- Crafters, Artists, and Techies Come Together for the St. Paul Public Libraries’ Maker Fest Jun 13, 2017
- How Five Minnesota Educators are Bringing NASA into Their Classrooms May 30, 2017
- NASA’s Cassini Begins Its Grand Finale with a Grand Discovery Apr 24, 2017