Katy Kelley is a lifelong avid reader. Bookstores are her favorite, and 20 bookshelves clutter her apartment, organized by genre. While her favorite books tend to fall inside the scope of fantasy and science fiction, other prevalent genres on her shelves include history, journalistic nonfiction, religion, linguistics, historical fiction, contemporary fiction, memoirs and autobiographies, poetry, and cookbooks.
Katy has degrees in writing and in teaching and will discuss etymology and cognates at length, given the opportunity. She dreams of moving to Pern someday. Until that dream is realized, she teaches, reads, and loses frequently at Settlers of Catan and Star Trek Catan.
Katy also attends CONvergence, cooks all sorts of ultrahealthy food for others, and worries about the state of equity/equality in the world. Through all, her trusty cat is by her side, demanding cuddles.
Posts by Katy
- Sleeve Tattoos and Sage Salmon Come Together in Knives & Ink May 1, 2017
- Books Meet Baking at the Edible Book Festival Apr 10, 2017
- Warm Up for Dessert with These Delicious Slow-Cooker Glazed Apples Mar 27, 2017
- Eat Street Recipes for Everyone Feb 28, 2017
- A Klingon Christmas Carol Brings Scrooge and Star Trek Together Again Dec 11, 2016
- Win the Holidays with These Awesome Vegan-Friendly Recipes Dec 3, 2016
- A Journey to Hobbiton Sep 22, 2016
- Hangi: A New Zealand Culinary Experience Sep 18, 2016