Kristen grew up in small-town North Dakota, where there wasn’t much to do besides throw herself into every nerdy activity available. Her nerdiness began with the likes of Star Wars, The Chronicles of Narnia, and many, many hours of gameplay on her purple Gameboy Color.
She graduated from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota, in 2011 with a BA in both English Literature and Spanish. Five years, several moves, two job changes, and a wedding later, she now lives with her husband and their two cats in a 109-year-old house in South Minneapolis.
Kristen’s interests come from all over the nerdiverse, from fantasy to sci fi to anime and manga to gaming to cosplay and most everything in between—and she’s always ready to learn about the next great nerdy thing! As a result of her many obsessions, you can often find her lamenting the fact that there are never enough hours in the day to do All the Things. To read more about Kristen’s geeky exploits (and maybe even learn more about nerdy stuff that’s new to you), you can visit Nerdologists.com, a website geared toward fledgling nerds that she cocreated with her husband.
Posts by Kristen
- Closing Pandora’s Box with Steins;Gate the Movie: Load Region of Déjà Vu Jan 8, 2018
- Get to Know the Magic and the Mystery of Nightschool Nov 27, 2017
- Cowboy Bebop Is a Story Both Familiar and Unexpected Nov 4, 2017
- Rewatching Bleach Is a Complicated and Nostalgic Experience Oct 5, 2017
- How to Choose Your Next Anime . . . and How to Know When to Quit Oct 3, 2017
- Little Witch Academia Is Adorable Magical Fun Jul 31, 2017
- Battle Angel Alita Is an Oldie and a Goodie Jun 30, 2017
- Ocean of Secrets Is a Fantastical Whirlwind May 16, 2017
- Jump into the Deep End of Time Travel with Steins;Gate Apr 30, 2017
- Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale Is a Satisfying Wrap-Up for Fans of the Series Mar 17, 2017
- 3 Lighthearted Anime Series for Dark Winter Days Mar 8, 2017
- Making the Nerdy New Year’s Resolution to Watch More Anime Jan 27, 2017
- 4 Anime Series Perfect for Winter Binge-Watching Bliss Dec 30, 2016
- Fairy Tail Is a Fun (and Fraught) Anime Adventure Nov 27, 2016
- Halloween Anime Roundup: Scaryish, Scarier, Scariest Oct 31, 2016
- Anime Roundup: Back to School! Sep 25, 2016