Martin Doyle has been an actor and playwright in the Twin Cities theater and film scenes for some time now. He has written several plays for the New Writers Workshop at the University of Minnesota and currently is a freelance writer working on a screenplay in his spare time. He has a web comic that he occasionally remembers to update and builds useful household items out of LEGO.
While he is fond of many different aspects of geekdom, his first love is Mystery Science Theater 3000. (He keeps so many lines and bits of trivia in his head that there is relatively little room for anything else, to be honest.) One of his best days ever was the time he got to meet Joel, Jonah, and the new ’bots at the MST3K backer party in New York!
But sure, Batman is good too.
Articles by Martin
- The Beldenville Troll Is Fascinating, Fantastical Theater at Its Best Mar 25, 2019
- The Great Leap Is a Slam Dunk Jan 24, 2019
- Noises Off at the Guthrie Is So Nice I Saw It Twice Nov 8, 2018
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Takes Its Riffing to the Comics World Sep 22, 2018
- Curie Me Away Is a Radioactive Musical Romp Sep 15, 2018
- Theater Mu’s The Princess’ Nightingale Is a Dazzling Flight of Fancy May 17, 2018
- Rated G: The Improvised Family Friendly Musical Is Rated H For Hysterical Mar 4, 2018
- In Fearless Five: Conspiracies, They Are Out to Get You—to Laugh Feb 12, 2018
- The Way Out Experiment Lives Up to Its Name Jan 15, 2018
- Farewell, Mary Jo Pehl (Until the Next Time) Dec 21, 2017
- Imagination Is the Ultimate Escape in The Terror Fantastic Dec 4, 2017