Paul Patane is a fiction writer, screenwriter, journalist, and photographer. Born in the 1980s, Paul grew up in a generation that remembers what life was like before the Internet, obsessed with film, TV, music, books, comics, writing—and going outside to play. He believes in ice cream over cake, indie rock over country, Star Wars over Star Trek, and Marvel over DC.
Originally from Washington, DC, Paul lives in Minneapolis and likes to drink scotch, lose himself in his fiction, line edit, read and watch Daredevil, herd cats, and go to rock concerts. He is in the low-residency MFA for writing program at Pacific University in Oregon. He has a BFA in creative writing from Hamline University.
Posts by Paul
- The Night the Twin Cities Bled Purple Apr 21, 2017
- The Electric Fetus and Mill City Sound Headline Twin Cities Offerings for Record Store Day Apr 20, 2017
- Local Music Writer Jim Walsh Talks Concert Memories, Prince, and Beauty in Many Forms Mar 29, 2017
- Monique Powell Revives Save Ferris From the Ashes in Minneapolis Show Mar 13, 2017
- Step Rockets will Debut New Song and Image at the Triple Rock Feb 23, 2017
- A Minnesota Music-Industry Vet Revisits 1979 Rock Culture and the New Barbarians Jan 1, 2017
- Daniel Corrigan Brings 35 Years of Minneapolis Music to Life with Heyday Dec 9, 2016
- Punk Rock Explodes with FIDLAR for One Night in Dinkytown Nov 24, 2016
- Grouplove Returns to First Avenue with the Big Mess Tour Oct 27, 2016
- Rachael Yamagata Brings Grace and Elegance to the Triple Rock Oct 11, 2016