Philip Coler is relatively new to the Twin Cities Geek scene and is hoping to become more involved. He enjoys playing video games and board games with the occasional puzzle mixed in. Philip passes the time by trying to catch up on the multitudes of television shows he tries to watch, from Agents of SHIELD to Doctor Who. Ask him to play a third-person shooter and you will have no challenge in beating him. He will make it his mission to mess with you as much as humanly possible, though.
Philip used to have the unique talent of being able to quote any line from Star Trek: Insurrection, since it ended up being his “study movie.” Other things he likes are watching scary movies around Halloween (or any time of year), getting so engrossed in a video game that he loses track of time, and spending time watching and participating in sports.
When he is not playing games or goofing around in general, Philip can be found working as a scrum master at PeopleNet or spending time with his wife, Kayla. His cat, Serenity—yes, like the ship—may occasionally be spotted following him around the house.
Posts by Philip
- Geeky Veterans Are Everywhere and They Have Their Own Facebook Group Nov 11, 2016
- Geeky Parents to Be: DYI Mario Chain Chomp Halloween Costume Oct 29, 2016
- Art and Insults: Meet Carr Hagerman of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival Sep 16, 2016
- Minnesota’s Christopher Jones Draws Everything from Superheroes to Time Lords Aug 23, 2016
- Game Developers of Tomorrow, Meet Katie Simning from GLITCH Jan 27, 2016
- A Talk with Agile Coach and DevJammer David Hussman Dec 23, 2015