With a childhood foundation of family time consisting of board games and watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Rae’s path into geekdom was more certain than a sci-fi franchise reboot. She’s lived in a number of places in Minnesota, graduating from high school in Hibbing and receiving her BA in psychology from St. Olaf College in Northfield.
Rae has yet to attend a fan convention she didn’t love. She also enjoys theater, Legos, science fiction, playing all varieties of games—video, computer, board, and role-playing—web comics, reading, costuming, and seeing how many things she can reasonably fit in a list. Since marrying her husband, her horizons have been further widened to include MMORPGs and fantasy. In particular, Rae will geek out over Star Trek, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Futurama, Something Positive, and Squirrel Girl. She has one daughter and looks forward to both sharing her favorite things while helping her daughter find her own passions.
In addition to writing for Twin Cities Geek, Rae also blogs about a number of subjects at Starship Suburbia and is currently working on developing her sewing and pottery skills.
Posts by Rae
- Target’s Science-Related Shirts for Girls Make My Geekling’s World Apr 22, 2017
- The Quest for the Storied Unicorn Frappuccino Apr 19, 2017
- Taking Your Little Geek to a Convention Mar 11, 2017
- 7 Lessons from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Share With Your Potential Slayer Mar 10, 2017
- Should I Bring My Child to a Convention? Jan 24, 2017
- Twisty, Turny Board Games to Play with Your Tiny Geek Dec 21, 2016
- Read Your Child All the World’s Potential Nov 29, 2016
- Reliving the Magic: The Joy of Reading Harry Potter to My Daughter Oct 25, 2016
- Beyond Candy Land: Two Great Games to Play with Your Tiny Geek Sep 11, 2016