As a teen, Satish walked to the nearest mall every Thursday morning in Abu Dhabi to see if the latest issue of Amazing Spider-Man had come out. He often had to take a nap when he got back because of the sweltering heat, but that was part of the fun. After receiving his BA in English from Purdue University, Satish came to the Twin Cities in the winter of 2006 to join to Hamline’s MFA program in fiction writing. Within days, he swore he would get his degree and get the hell out of this winter wasteland.
Seven years after getting his degree, Satish is still in Minnesota, happily married, loving the creative community he is part of, and an overall fan of his home city. He’s going to be here a while longer.
Satish is the writer of The Secret of the Naga Dragons: A Tale of Shastra and other stories that you can find on his website. He is working on his second novel in the series, The Wizard of Ayeshastra. He is a devotee of Batman and practices this religion through Cracked Walnut, a traveling literary reading series in the Twin Cities that builds community through the magic of spoken literature. Over 200 local writers have shared their work through Cracked Walnut to audiences all over the Twin Cities.
Posts by Satish
- Master of None Just Keeps Getting Better Jun 23, 2017
- 20 Reasons to Be Excited for the Return of Young Justice Apr 9, 2017
- What If Wolverine Were Reimagined with a Native American Origin Story? Dec 18, 2016
- Fight Evil on a Personal Level by Finding Your Inner Superheroes Nov 6, 2016
- Leslie Jones and a Lesson in Troll Alchemy Jul 29, 2016
- 10 X-Men of Color Who Would Blow Up the Movie Franchise Jun 15, 2016
- A Case for Aquaman as Our Champion of Earth Jun 4, 2016
- Taking the Gotham out of Batman Mar 23, 2016
- My Bold and Beautiful Voltron Epic Feb 3, 2016
- Wahe-Guru! Super Sikh and the Atma Defenders bring South Asian Influence to Comics Jan 11, 2016
- Are Today’s Superheroes Tomorrow’s Gods? Nov 20, 2015
- The Origin Story of a Fantasy World and Literary Activism May 23, 2015
- If Storm was in the Avengers Mar 8, 2015