Stephanie Cranford is a writer, a musician, a tutor, and an attorney. Some of those gigs pay better than others. She has been spotted in public performing on piano, organ, harpsichord, flute, piccolo, recorder, krummhorn, and a whole host of different percussion instruments. Somewhere along the line she earned a BA in music with a concentration in music history and theory and, later, a JD from the University of Minnesota.
She won the Imes Award in the 2015 Geek Partnership Society Writing Contest, has won National Novel Writing Month five times so far, owns more books than she can count, and has spent a lot of hours beating the Dragon Age games. She helps to run CONvergence and MantiCon and plays in the Minnesota Freedom Band, a home for adult band nerds affiliated with the Lesbian and Gay Band Association (LGBA).
When not doing any of the above, she is probably baking scientifically awesome desserts or walking her 70-pound mutt, Freddy.
Posts by Stephanie
- Minnesota Orchestra Concert Shines the Spotlight on Underplayed Pieces May 13, 2017
- Tender Wings of Insult, or: How Not to Do a Gentle Parody May 7, 2017
- Manners and Misconduct Classes Up the Bryant-Lake Bowl with Jane Austen Improv Apr 13, 2017
- The Northside Celebration from Capri Theater and the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra Is a Joy to Behold Mar 19, 2017
- Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came Mixes Scholarship and Swordplay Mar 13, 2017
- Telling Stories Both Classic and New with Twin Cities Ballet of Minnesota Mar 9, 2017
- Claire Chase Breaks Down Barriers in Cutting the Circle of Sounds Feb 1, 2017
- Music and Magic Come Together Again for Harry Potter in Concert with the Minnesota Orchestra Dec 10, 2016
- 5 Geeky (Classical) Concerts Coming to the Twin Cities in December Dec 1, 2016