T. Aaron Cisco spent the last two years of the ’90s as a professional musician. After getting off the road, he began his career in television broadcasting, starting as a PA and working his way up to a producer position, earning two local Emmys. He relocated to the Twin Cities in 2007 to launch KSTP’s Twin Cities Live and then transitioned to the field of marketing and management consulting and digital communications coordination. He currently oversees web and digital communications for the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board.
In 2016, his short film MPLS South was picked up by Amazon Studios for distribution on its Amazon Prime Video platform. Shortly thereafter, he completed his first science-fiction novel, Teleportality.
Always keeping busy, he is the cofounder and coordinator of TC Trek Trivia, the only monthly pub trivia in Minnesota dedicated solely to all things Star Trek, as well as Wibbly Wobbly Wednesdays, the only monthly pub trivia in Minnesota dedicated solely to Doctor Who. He lives in South Minneapolis with his wife, Kara; their two daughters, August and Avery; and their cat, Zelda Fergie Dahlia Avril Janis Alanis Fitzgerald.
Articles by T. Aaron
- Star Trek: Discovery Hit Its Stride in Season 2 Apr 26, 2019
- 10 Underrated Black Sci-Fi Characters Mar 7, 2019
- How to Avoid Problematic Shows and Enjoy TV and Movies This Fall Sep 4, 2018
- 5 More Things Not to Do When Meeting Cosplayers of Color Jul 7, 2018
- 5 Awesome Anthology Shows to Binge-Watch Right Now Jun 30, 2018
- The Latest Black Panther Trailer Is Us Oct 19, 2017
- A Lifelong Trekkie’s (Mostly) Spoiler-Free Reaction to Star Trek: Discovery Sep 26, 2017
- 5 Things Not to Do When You Meet a Cosplayer of Color Jul 6, 2017
- Three More Reasons Why Wonder Woman Is an Important Movie Jun 11, 2017
- What’s Wrong with a Black Brit Playing a Black American? Mar 15, 2017
- CNN’s The Hunting Ground Is a Cognitive Necessity Dec 23, 2016
- Lucious and Luke, Tom and Nick: Comparing Empire and Luke Cage by Way of Gatsby Oct 22, 2016