Given that Vanessa Feilan was born to a woman who took her successes in Super Mario Bros. 3 way too seriously, it was inevitable that a deep affection Nintendo games would result. She still prefers her video games on the casual side but is a sucker for a beautiful backdrop, winning dialogue, and epic plots. Eventually she found her match in a guy who takes his gaming seriously, but not so much that he can’t handle getting destroyed in Civilization: Beyond Earth. Alas, her daughter still hasn’t found her gaming side, but it’s only a matter of time before she finds the right kind of game to suck her in forever—it’s family tradition, after all. Beyond games, Vanessa is a massive Star Trek nerd, can’t resist a solid paranormal romance novel, cosplays, and has a dog named Athena (the Battlestar GalactiDog) and three cats named Moose, Bug, and Pixel.
A soon-to-be graduate with a BS in professional communications and emerging media, she dreams of becoming the next absurd genius behind a great social media account. In the meantime she spends her time gaming, raising a tween who thinks she’s 40, and hitting up concerts and the local goth joint whenever time and money permit. She and her husband created GeekDenGaming in December 2014 as a way to consolidate their streaming since half the time one was featured on the other’s account. They don’t have the time for it like they used to, but every so often a few Hearthstone Arena runs or an episodic let’s play of Mass Effect will show up. They also volunteer for CONvergence as co-heads of the book swap, and it seems that Vanessa has no problem writing—unless, of course, it’s about herself.
Articles by Vanessa
- Minnesota Goth Events and Gatherings for September 2018 Sep 1, 2018
- After Stunning in Year 15, Goth Prom Preps for Sweet 16 Aug 8, 2018
- Minnesota Goth Events and Gatherings for August 2018 Aug 1, 2018
- Minnesota Goth Events and Gatherings for July 2018 Jul 1, 2018
- Poptone Breathes New Life into Old Favorites Jun 29, 2018
- Poptone Brings Musical History to Minneapolis’s First Avenue Jun 18, 2018
- Sanctuary Festival Milwaukee Was Three Days of Close Encounters of the Musical Kind Jun 16, 2018
- Minnesota Goth Events and Gatherings for June 2018 May 28, 2018
- Facing a Challenge as Event Promoters Work to Bring Music to the Masses May 25, 2018
- Minnesota Goth Events and Gatherings for May 2018 May 1, 2018
- Covenant Calls the Goths to Port Apr 20, 2018
- In Spite of Pennywise, Performers Keep the Art of Friendly Clowning Alive Apr 5, 2018
- Minnesota Goth Events and Gatherings for April 2018 Apr 1, 2018